Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Amarillo Booksigning - March 2008


God is amazing!

My friends Mary Nell and Barbara gave me my first out of town booksigning. I didn't know what to expect and I was really nervous. It's amazing how God works!

Mary Nell was a sorority sister of mine in college and her husband a fraternity brother of Jim's. We have stayed friends forever - traveling together, attending reunions, weddings, and even funerals together. There is nothing like old friends with whom you have shared so much. Not only do we share memories, but we share the love of the Lord. Mary Nell's faith has been such an inspiration to me. It is really comforting when we can share at the heart level after all these year.

What a great time. I was surprised by a sorority sister that I had not seen since 1965! She looked wonderful - it was like we had never been apart! I loved all their friends. Such authentic, down-to-earth people. I had some really intimate conversations with people. I have found that sometimes women want to talk with me about their joys as well as their sorrows. I don't think I have much to add, but often God steps in and we connect at a wonderful level.

I was inspired by Nancy who told me she had not known her grandparents. They had died before she was born. She had always felt like she had had no mentors. She found it very encouraging to hear how other grandmothers feel and to find that she is right on track in her desire to share her faith with her grandchildren. I realized that there are a lot of Nancy's out there and have incorporated her story when I give a talk.

Thank you Nancy!

No comments: