Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Wichita Falls Booksigning - March 2008

I am discovering that each booksigning has a theme or message. Many of my conversations and the people I meet have something in common. I know that God is speaking to me, I'm just trying to figure it all out.

This week my sweet friend Lynn had a book signing for me in Wichita Falls. The weather was horrible - a cold front dropped the temperature 40 degrees in about an hour! In addition, she was unable to be there due to a family emergency. But that didn't daunt the few that came. The signing was small but significant.

It seemed that many of the women I met were writers who had stories to tell. It is appearing to me that God is raising up an army of women to tell their stories. I am amazed at how many testimonies and ideas for books are floating around. I met Marjorie who has published two children's books and is writing a devotional. We connected immediately and could hardly stop talking. Jane owned the gallery where the event was held. What a talented lady - God has given her an eye and a flair for color and pizazz. She also is a writer and I suspect we will be hearing from her in the near future. I feel like I am making soul connections everywhere I go.

I did have an interesting thing happen on the way up. The week before I had missed my turn on the way to Amarillo because I was on my cell phone. God was speaking to me but I guess I didn't hear so I got to do it again the next week. I did the same thing on the way to WF. But this time I went an hour out of my way! What I had planned as a leisurely drive arriving with time to spare turned into a race to get there five minutes before the event.

God's message was loud and clear. Beware. If you are not paying attention on this journey you will miss your turn and get off the path. Pay attention. If you don't consult the map you will get lost. I'm not sure what this is about, but I have a feeling I am going to find out in the future. Isn't God sweet to let me see in the natural that which I am doing or not doing in the spiritual.

Who knows if I am listening or not. I guess the future will tell!

No comments: