Tuesday, July 29, 2008

First Grandmother's Club Booksigning - March 11, 2008


Here I am. D-Day or Release Date for the book.

My friends at the First Grandmother's Club are having a booksigning for me. They are really the inspiration for the book. When my friend Lenda started the club, I discovered that I was not alone in my joy. As we shared stories and searched for ways to make a difference in not only our own families but in the lives of the less-fortunate, it became clear that grandmother power, meaning grandmothers of the 21sts century are a new kind of breed. Hip, savvy, sophisticated, and seasoned, we have a lot to offer.

I consider the friends I have in this club and the clarity it brought to my mind, a gift from God. When I was ready to write the book, I tapped into this font of wisdom and realized that we had a lot to say.

Kudos to my friend Lenda for her inspirationn and leadership in the formation of the club. Check it out at www.firstgrandmothersclub.com. My prayer and belief is that it will become a movement of like-minded grandmothers wanting to make a difference.

No comments: