Monday, September 1, 2008

Austin Booksignings - April 28 - 29, 2008


I have had two wonderful booksignings in Austin. back to back. I don't know what's happened to me. My brain must be addled, but somehow I misplaced my camera and did not record the two events on film! All I have are pictures of the tables. What was I thinking?

The first was at my friend Cathie's ( see photo on right). I tell you the truth. The grandmothers I am meeting are so amazing - accomplishsed, enthusiastic, bearers of light! So many accomplished women, so many gifts and talents! God is, indeed, on the move!

I met a number of real estate women who are dynamos in their field. Not only do they sell land to potential buyers, but they go on mission trips to foreign lands and bring the gospel and to hungry hearts and the kingdom to potential residents. Alive, active, and on fire, these women are "Generation G" personified. I can assure you that "Generation G" is alive and well - and thriving! Out there spreading the gospel in every corner of the earth.

The second was given by Holly, my sweet daughter-in-law. A greater hostess you will never find. Her house was immaculate, and with three children that is no easy task, and her food, fabulous. Again no pictures of the people, but the young mothers there were also amazing. Such energy and involvement. Was I this energetic at that age? Probably so, but it makes me tired thinking about it!

While there I had an amazing God-encounter. As a few of us sat together, Abbey shared that her husband had just been diagnosed with cancer and they were leaving for M.D.Anderson that week. What an amazing women. Her faith and courage put me to shame. I immediately put her on my prayer list and shared her story with my prayer group. We have kept in touch and her story is truly amazing. I am continuing to pray for his complete healing, giving thanks for the ways that God has taken to undergird and cover this family with prayer and a believing community. God is indeed in the business of working miracles as can be attested by their story.

No comments: