Monday, September 1, 2008

Park Hill Booksigning 5-4-08/ Speeches and Talks

I can tell I am getting tired now. I have forgotten my camera again.

My good friend Jean owns a fabulous gift shop, Park Hill Gift Gallery, in Fort Worth. She high-lighted me in her mother's day sale and generously allowed me to do a book signing. I am amazed at the creativity of my friends and her generosity and friendship moves my spirit. It is a different feeling to have a signing in a store verus a home. Here you are at the mercy of the shoppers and/or sightseers. As selling does not come easy to me. I can see that I have a lot to learn. God is, indeed, stretching me in ways I had not imagined. Everyone was so nice and helpful though. Hopefully in time I will gain in self-confidence and experience.

In addition to the signings I have also been doing a lot of public speaking: rotary clubs, women's clubs, church groups etc, though I have not catalogued them on this blog. Too many to mention, but wonderful opportunities all. I am most grateful to those, like Jean, who have taken a chance on an unknown author to give me a platform. I am becoming more and more aware that I have not yet found my voice - my real message, but I am seeing it is getting closer on the horizon. Perhaps I will have time over the summer to pray and rest, to determine what I think the Lord would have me be about as I go forth proclaiming his glory. I can tell I need boldness and prayer covering. What a journey!

No comments: