Monday, September 1, 2008

Barnes and Noble Booksigning - 4-9-08

What a trip! My first bookstore booksigning! Am I blessed or what to have family, friends and loyal supporters come by to give me a hand!

The Spirit of the Lord was everywhere. Wouldn't Barnes and Noble be surprised! Mark the communications manager couldn't have been nicer though I think he was a bit baffled by all the joy. So many God-conversations and God-wink moments. And he was in the middle of it. I would love to know what he thought about it all.

Friends who had seen the poster in the window stopped by, friends who didn't even know I had written a book popped in. Two women came who thought I was going to do a talk. I tried to visit with them and give them a "short version" of my testimony, but it was pretty chaotic. Mission trips seemed to be the theme of this signing. Everyone that stopped by the table had a story. My good friends Glen and Debbie were great instigators of "faith talk". Leah, Lollie, and Pat, friends of Malawi and sisters in mission were in town and stopped by as a surprise. We had a wonderful conversation as we shared what God has been doing in Malawi and ways he is connecting his people. The Lord was faithful and present as there was much joy and outpouring of the Spirit.

No comments: