Friday, August 22, 2008

Blythe's Booksigning - March 2008

My sweet daughter-in-law, Blythe, had a wonderful booksigning for me at her friend Anne's house. I am sad to say I have no pictures but it was a lot of fun, and I have great memories.

I especially liked being with so many cute young people! They are so full of life and energy. It takes me back to when I was their age - new babies and all. They are all having so much fun. I am blessed to be surrounded by so many conscientious, fun-loving women.

I especially missed my neigbor Mary who had just moved to New Jersey. She put in a request for 10 books which I cheerfully signed, thinking of her cute girls and the laughter I miss that wafted over the fence on a nightly basis.

Many of the young moms brought their moms to the signing. It was fun to share stories with other grandmothers. It was especially fun to meet the mothers of Blythe's friends. I met Susan, a precious woman who had just moved here from Chicago. She was excited to be in Texas and thrilled about my book. She was kind enough to give me some contacts in Chicago. We'll see where that goes.

Each signing is an adventure. I wish I could wrap them up and keep them in a box on the shelf to pull out to review whenever I like!

No comments: