Friday, August 22, 2008

Dallas Book Signing - March 2008


Whew - I am on a merry-go-round and can't get off. I rush from one signing to the next. What fun but sometimes my head just spins thinking of how my quiet, one-a-day life has turned into such a hectic schedule.

Dallas was really fun. This signing was a physical reminder of the many areas of my life, the many stages that we all go through on the journey to grandmotherhood. A mixing of the eras was a wonderul remembrance for me. I am so glad that I have pictures to remind me of so many precious friends.

When I look back at the pictures I am amazed. In addition to cousins on two sides of my family, there were friends from college days, resident wives when we lived in Dallas, friends from Fort Worth and Lake City, and travel buddies. It is really funny to see them standing together in the pictures - they are not according to season. More than once I have had to blink twice to get oriented.

Nancy, my cousin, was so sweet to have this. This is the first party she has had since she broke her hip and moved into her new house. The house was perfect - great flow, and she outdid herself with the refreshments.

I am blessed beyond measure to have such loving, faithful friends and family.

No comments: