Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Rockport Booksigning - April 4, 2008

What a fun time!

Here I am with the Rockport girls. Caro and Barbara, the hostesses are on the left! The rest came down from San Antonio to come to the booksigning and celebrate their birthdays! What a great combination.

It was such fun wto meet the ladies of Rockport. I met one lady, Jane, who commented on my clothes. It seems she is a sales representative in the Rockport district! Small world.

A real treat was the appearance of my godmother Jane, my mom's best friend since high school. I haven't seen her in years. I was so touched that she made the effort to come. And I got to meet her grand daughter who had brought Jane's great grandson to visit. What a treat!

I am always amazed at the ladies I meet. The Rockport ladies were a barrel of fun! Women full of life, a real spiritual presence in that place. The next day we met Kathryn Childers who wrote a book called "Snow" about the 2004 Christmas snow miracle. She describes that day as a grandmother takes pride in and shares about her grandchildren. She blessed us with a book. It is my grandson Strother's favorite book. Every night he says to me, Marme, Snow... want snow." We have had a wonderful time talking about the many things one finds in the snow.

We spent the rest of the weekend with our friends from San Antonio who went to college with Jim and I. What fun walking down memory lane. But we also caught up on our lives. They have been so entertwined with our own. Caro is a cousin and a friend of the heart. Marian lived down the street from us in Dallas and we had so much to share. Sue is a fellow author, and Barbara now lives in Fort Worth where we share our children and grandchildren. I am amazed at how close we do indeed live to six degrees of separation. Everything seems to come full circle.

No comments: