Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Good Morning Texas - September 23, 2008

What an experience!

I was interviewed this morning on "Good Morning Texas". "No this was not "Good Morning America" with Diane Sawyer, but it was the next best thing.) My host was Paige McCoy Smith a most delighful young woman. Wife, mother of two sons, she is not only beautiful on the outside but is beautiful on the inside as well. Good at what she does, she made the entire experience easy and comfortable. And she even made me sound intelligent! (Alright, I wasn't too pleased with how I looked, but there's nothing she could do about that! I believe it's called aging!)

The journey stated at 7;00 in the morning, actually it started the night before because I think I didn't get a wink of sleep, when I donned battle gear to fight the I30 traffic to Dallas. Arriving in plenty of time, I found my way to the studio to be greeted by the manager who let me in. Time for coffee and a pre-show interview ensued.

Did I mention that this was a live interview! Whoa! Enough to put a sane person on edge, I would say. Cleary Paige had read the book for she asked probing, intelligent questions. She made it so easy - we just sat and had a conversation. She was prepared, enthusiastic, professional, and put me at ease! Actually everyone at WFAA was delighful - very personable, friendly, and easy to talk to. All the hosts came into the "green" room, though it wasn't green it was really gray, and visited with us which did a lot to calm our nerves and keep us focused. Today she is interviewing my good friends Lenda and Betty about the First Grandmother's Club. I can't wait to see them.

You can see the interview if you go to www.wfaa.com/parent/. It's dated 9-23, has a mis-title, something about empty nesters, but there is a picture of me and the four grandkids. (We are all so small you can't really see us, but you'll figure it out. I wish I could say a star was born, but I'm afraid the star rose and then fell. This might be my only claim to fame, so don't miss it!

No comments: