Sunday, November 16, 2008

PEO Granbury October 8,2008

What a great day and what a precious town.

Today I was blessed to speak to a group of PEO women in the middle of historic Granbury. If you've never been to Granbury you should treat yourself. In the hills of Texas west of Fort Worth it is surrounded by Lake Granbury, which weaves itself in and out of bayous and bays. Almost every home either is lake front or has a lake view. Totally restored the town is filled with antigue and gift shops that delight the pocket book and restaurants that delight the senses.

This day was no different. Susie my hostess was cute as a bug as she met me in the middle of the town square. A transplant from Lubbock she has adapted to her new home with great enthusiasm. She informs me that most of her friends are transplants, retirees who are active and vital, but long for a small town atmosphere. Grandbury fit the bill and more.

I loved speaking to the group. They were delightful and enthusiastic. I never fail to be amazed as I come away from speaking to a group. The grandmothers in this country are truly amazing - golfers, antiguers, great cooks, business owners - women full of life and love, eager to give back tenfold.

Thank you Granbury - I loved your town. I'll be back!

No comments: