Monday, September 1, 2008

Lake City, Colorado Booksigning 8-4-08

What a perfect setting for a booksigning. Lake City is perhaps the most beautiful place on earth. I think that God secretly lives and runs his kingdom from here. It's majesty is not to be equaled.

My family spends time here ever summer. We are into hiking, fishing, biking, rafting, cooking-out and games, so it is the perfect place for our family to gather.

What a great place for a booksigning. Linda, the owner of the Back Country Navigator held the signing for me on a beautiful, sunny day. Right by the town park, a block from the home-made ice cream soda fountain, I couldn't have had a better location. All was well with my soul.

My friend Betty talked it up. Placing posters all over town and bringing home-made cookies to boot, she pretty much promoted the signing to everyone she knew. We had a great turnout and I really enjoyed myself. So many friends came and bought books to give to friends. That is always the biggest compliment, I think, when someone buys the book to give to others. I am blessed.

My grand kids came in, but I think most of them were more interested in the toys hidden in the corner of the store than they were in the booksigning. The cookies were a big hit and they did gather around me while they munched. It was a great day and a great way to end the summer. All will start up again in the fall. Hopefully I am more grounded and more on top of things as I prepare for fall. I am praying to be a strong witness for Christ. I thank God for the opportunities he has laid before me.

Over and out till fall!

1 comment:

sheep42 said...

Good job Marty, Be bold sister for the Lord. He has given you an awesome venue to speak into. Blessings, Meri