Sunday, November 16, 2008

First Methodist Church Circle - November 11, 2008

Today was a first for me.

I spoke at the First Methodist Church Circle Group in the home of my friend Mary Ann Anthony. A cool, crisp fall day, her beautiful home was the perfect setting for this large group of women. So many beautiful women and friends from the past. I can't believe I keep forgetting to bring my camera. There would be so many great pictures.

Mary Ann's house is warm and open. You enter into the living room on your right, dinning room on the left. The stairs are in front with a den behind them. There were so many people this day that they had to sit all the rooms. I stood on the landing of the stairs to do my talk.

I felt like I was speaking from the pulpit at Notre Dame Cathedral. A preacher I am not, but did touch on some spiritual themes and ideas. My favorite being the importance of passing on our faith and a spiritual legacy to the next generationg. Lots of thoughts to ponder. I was high above everyone else and had to keep turning in three directions to see everyone. Now I know how a presidential candidate. It was great fun - I felt like a real orator!

No comments: